Pardoes Solicitors LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under registered number OC382819, with our registered address at West Quay House, Northgate, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3EU. A list of members is available for inspection at the registered address.
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (“SRA”) under
number 598044. We are subject to the Solicitors’ Code of Conduct 2011
When “we”, “us”, “Firm” and “Pardoes” are used they mean Pardoes Solicitors LLP and when “you” and “client” are used they mean our client.
A. Client Monies
Pardoes will accept and hold client monies only to the extent necessary to undertake professional services for you or to hold money on account of anticipated costs and expenses, including our own.
All client monies held by us will be deposited in our general client
account or in an individual designated client account with our bankers.
All monies are held and the accounts operated in strict accordance with
the SRA Accounts Rules 2011
Unless we have agreed to hold monies for anticipated disbursements, any monies held by us on your behalf will be applied to pay our bills and incurred disbursements. To comply with rule 17.3 of the SRA Accounts Rules 2011, such monies will be transferred to the Pardoes office account in settlement of bills within 14 days of their receipt or where held on account within 14 days of the date of the invoice.
B. Interest on Client Monies
Where we hold monies in our client account interest will be paid from the date when cleared funds are received by us until the date of issue of any payment to discharge that interest, the rate will be calculated by reference to the rate of interest for the client account in which the monies were held. No interest is payable if the amount of interest calculated on the balance held is £20 or less. All client monies held in a separate designated account will receive the full amounts of interest credited by the bank.
In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009, our professional indemnity insurer is Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty AG (Policy number VH011207S499) of Allianz House, 60 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0HR.
D. Financial Services
We act as legal advisers; it is not part of our role to give advice on the merits of investment transactions. We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority, in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide.
We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the Prudential Regulation Authority of England. However, we are included on the register maintained by the FCA so that we can carry on insurance mediation activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by Solicitors' Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the FCA website www.fca.org.uk
Any investment decision is for our clients to make and no communication by us should be treated as an invitation or inducement to our clients to engage in investment activity. If while we are acting for you we consider you need advice on investments we may refer you to an authorised person to provide the necessary advice.
If we receive commission from a third party in connection with your matter, for example for introducing you to an insurer with whom you take out a policy, we will pay you or credit to you that commission. We will ask you to repay that commission if whoever paid it to us becomes entitled to have it returned.
E. If you agree to instruct us Off-Premises
If you are an individual acting for purposes which are outside your business and we conclude an agreement to act for you outside our office The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 apply to our agreement with you. That means that you have the right to cancel our engagement without charge at any time within 14 days of your agreeing to instruct us. If you wish to do so you must inform the fee earner assigned to your matter of your decision to cancel in writing by post or email or using the Cancellation Notice provided.
If you would like us to commence work on your file within the 14 days
of your agreeing to instruct us, please sign the Acceptance Form which
will have been provided to you and send it to us. When we are in
receipt of a signed Acceptance Form and we have started work on your
file, you may be charged if you then cancel your instructions.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. You can contact us by telephone or arrange a meeting to discuss your concerns. Alternatively you may prefer to write to us by mail or email setting out your complaint. We ask that in the first instance, where possible, you contact the member of staff who is acting for you in the hope that they can resolve your complaint immediately. If this is not possible or if you would prefer, you can contact their Head of Department or the Sector Head, alternatively our Compliance Officer Legal Practice (COLP) – Maeve Vickery at:
Suite A, Blackdown House
Blackbrook Business Park
Somerset TA1 2PX
Tel: 01823 446210 firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
1. If the member of staff who is acting for you cannot resolve your complaint by return we will arrange for an investigation of your complaint. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, confirming our complaints procedure. Details of your complaint and your file will be passed to the Head of Department, and either they or the Sector Head (responsible for managing that part of the firm) will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who is acting for you.
2. Either the Head of Department or Sector Head will send you a written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. You will be invited to a meeting to discuss matters further should you wish. Within three working days of a meeting taking place, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you.
3. If you remain dissatisfied please contact our COLP, stating why you remain dissatisfied, who will review your complaint. They will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
4. If you are not satisfied with the handling of your complaint, alternative complaint bodies such as ProMediate (http://www.promediate.co.uk/) and Small Claims Mediation (http://www.small-claims-mediation.co.uk/) are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme
5. If, once your complaint has passed through our full complaints procedure above, you remain dissatisfied with our service, you can refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com. Normally, you will need to refer a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman (www.legalombudsman.org.uk.) within six months of receiving a final response from us and six years of the act or omission giving rise to the complaint or within three years of when the complainant should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
Consumer Online Dispute Resolution
If you are a client with whom we have made contact by electronic means, you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with any contractual dispute you may have with us. Should you wish to do so, that service can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Our email address for this purpose is firstname.lastname@example.org.
G. Equality and Diversity
The firm is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all of its dealings with you, third parties and employees. A copy of our equality and diversity policy is available from our HR Manager.
The firm is made up of both male and female personnel of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds. The social economic background of our personnel is also varied with personnel having attended a variety of educational establishments with various levels of education including university training.
We are seriously committed to Diversity and Equality through servicing our diverse clients and employing people regardless of background.
H. Value Added Tax
Our VAT number is 165 884660.