Suite A, Blackdown House
Blackbrook Business Park
Somerset TA1 2PX
Tel: 01823 446210
What will happen next?
1. If the member of staff who is acting for you cannot resolve your complaint by return we will arrange for an investigation of your complaint. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, confirming our complaints procedure. Details of your complaint and your file will be passed to the Head of Department, and either they or the Sector Head (responsible for managing that part of the firm) will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who is acting for you.
2. Either the Head of Department or Sector Head will send you a written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. You will be invited to a meeting to discuss matters further should you wish. Within three working days of a meeting taking place, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you.
3. If you remain dissatisfied please contact our COLP, stating why you remain dissatisfied, who will review your complaint. They will write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
4. If you are not satisfied with the handling of your complaint, alternative complaint bodies such as ProMediate (http://www.promediate.co.uk/) and UK Government Small Claims Mediation (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/small-claims-mediation-service) are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.
5. If, once your complaint has passed through our full complaints procedure above, you remain dissatisfied with our service, you can refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com. Normally, you will need to refer a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman (www.legalombudsman.org.uk) within six months of receiving a final response from us and six years of the act or omission giving rise to the complaint or within three years of when the complainant should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
Consumer Online Dispute Resolution
If you are a client with whom we have made contact by electronic means, you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with any contractual dispute you may have with us. Should you wish to do so, that service can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Our email address for this purpose is firstname.lastname@example.org.