01278 457 891 01308 459 533 01305 458 189 01823 446 200 01935 382 680


Blogs by Team Member

Blogs by Law Category

Land Registry Change of Gender Form (CNG)

Posted on 29 September 2017 by Janet Keirle

The Land Registry has now published a new standard form to enable a registered owner to update their name in the register following a change of gender (form CNG)

The form can only be used under the following circumstances:

1. The applicant must be able to provide a gender recognition certificate and/or;
2. A new birth certificate or;
3. A UK medical practitioner’s letter (NB the letter must confirm the applicant has lived in their new gender for at least the last two years and are known as the name shown on the form)

The applicant must enclose the originals with their application. The application cannot be lodged electronically via the electronic document registration service.

The Land Registry will return the recognition/birth certificate but will retain the medical practitioner’s letter

It should be noted that the form CNG and supporting evidence will be excepted from the public right of inspection but the information may by shared by the Land Registry with other government departments, agencies and relevant bodies.

For further information refer to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/change-of-gender-cng

Posted in: Commercial Property